Tysons Corner Center Traveler Information Displays – 2015 Update Fact Sheet
Multimodal information displays at Tysons Corner Mall will be upgraded for Black Friday with improvements such as a more user-friendly display of real-time Metro and bus arrivals, and a rotating display of bus locations, travel times, road conditions and incidents near Tysons, and traffic cameras. Shoppers are reminded of these tools to help them use Metro or Bus to avoid holiday shopping traffic and congestion in the Tysons area.
• VDOT’s Tysons Corner Traveler Information Displays (TIDs) are being upgraded to better serve the travelling public
• Increased emphasis on area transit options
• Revised, easier to read layout
• A new display specifically targeting Tysons Corner Center transit users is being installed
• 5 existing Displays
• 1 new Display
• Transit and Personal Transportation travelers in the Tysons Corner area – targeted audience
• Transit service providers (WMATA, PRTC, Fairfax County, etc.) – provide real-time and scheduled transit arrival data.
• Virginia Department of Transportation – owner of the TIDs and provide real-time traffic condition data
• Macerich, Inc. – management of Tysons Corner Center, a partner to provide space for the TIDs free of charge
• Redmon Group Inc. – digital signage developers, under VDOT’s contract
• New display scheduled to be installed before Wednesday November 25, 2015
• In place before the “Black Friday” rush at Tysons Corner Center
• Tysons Corner Center, 1961 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 305, McLean, VA 22102
• 1st Floor Displays (4) are located near Macy’s, Starbucks, Bebe, and Barnes and Noble.
• The 3rd Floor Display (1) is located in outside of AMC Theaters.
• New display (1) is located in the 1st Floor food court that exits at parking garage C.
• Real-time transit and traffic data are pulled from various sources to Redmon’s modular digital signage solution and displayed in the user-friendly layout
• New displays are being installed by Redmon with the gracious support and assistance of Macerich
• Provide Relevant Information
• Provide Information to Empower Travelers
• Inform on Options, Provide Travelers Choices
• Influence Travel Time Decisions, including When/If to leave and routes to Use
• Influence Choices for Future Travel Mode